• Fundamentals Questions

    The following are questions that came up from our feedback form from participants in our Fundamentals training sessions. Answers in bold. 1) Balancing Core courses–Counsellors at NPSS asked if there is a function to balance a student’s course schedule so that their core courses were not all in one semester Yes. Will be covered in […]

  • Report Card Comment Lengths

    A report card comment for a course will have a default of 2000 characters. For a Term Comment given in elementary it will have a default of 4000 characters. These defaults can be changed at the district or school level. What does a 2000 characters comment look like? Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing […]

  • Ministry English K-12

    Ministry English will be reported on in a single course code. The X below represents the grade. MEN–X  

  • Gradebook, Report Cards & Assignments

    Report Cards in SD60 will be done in MyEducation BC using the Gradebook component. The use of the Gradebook to keep track of assignments is not required at this time. Later as we investigate the Parent/Student Portal component of MyEducation BC it will be possible for teachers to easily share assignments entered into Gradebook to […]

  • Attendance Expectation

    SD60 elementary schools will do twice daily, AM/PM Attendance using Attendance Classes in MyEducation BC (ATT-AM and ATT-PM). Middle and Secondary will use Class Period based attendance or AM/PM depending on the needs of the school. Both AM/PM and Class Period attendance can be accommodated in the same school. Use of Class based attendance will […]

  • Fundamentals Document

    The linked document below will be the one referenced during March – June 2015 Fundamental training sessions. Fundamentals_v1.0 PDF

  • Entry of Phone Numbers

    Phone numbers should be entered without formatting eg 2502626000. This system will then format it to 250-262-6000

  • Transfer vs Withdraw/Enrol Internally

    Secretaries will have a security role added so that they can transfer a student out of or into their school. This will only occur in district. Students leaving the district are to be withdrawn, not transferred. The new school out of district will need to enrol the student.